TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - We've been running it for over a year. E85 FTW
People Seeking Info

Subject We've been running it for over a year. E85 FTW

Posted by JDAVE on May 08, 2013 at 11:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 321 times.

In Reply To Revisiting an old subject or... posted by DVDBURN (MD) on May 08, 2013 at 08:45 PM

Message On oem style fuel setups with 740's. No issues. My car sat for 6 months with a full tank. Drained the tank after 6 months and it was as clean as a whistle with no debris or any signs of "corrosion." The 740 injectors also sat for 6 months and they still work great. Everyone that I know who runs it, including 10+ Z32 friends, have had no issues (except Rays one bad 2200 ID injector). I will also add that since we started using e85 in our TTZ's, we haven't run any tanks of regular gasoline through our cars. I personally love e85 so much I just dropped 5 grand so I could run more of it:) Now after the big 2200cc injector dynamics scare, I did clean my new ID injectors out since they will sit for over a month while my car undergoes further surgery. I have found that everyone who doesn't run E85 will tell you not to run it. That's fine with me though since I'll be several car lengths ahead on full boost with no detonation on fuel that costs 2.60 a gallon. E85 for the win. My .02

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.